- Elverum folkehøgskule
- Telephone: 990 12 041
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Course length: All year
- Study tour for the course: Rafting i Sjoa, South West Norway, Copenhagen, Tromsø and Lofoten, Adventures and culture in Mid-Norway
- Study tour for the school: Glitterheim
- Foundation: LiberalThe liberal folk high schools are built on values that are not based on one particular belief. They encourage students with different interests and beliefs to apply.
Food: Vegetarian, veganMost schools will accommodate food allergies and other dietary needs. If you have questions, please contact the school directly.
- Environmental certification: Fairtrade
Learn the Norwegian language and experience the nature, culture and adventure of Norway´s famous sights. We travel to Tromsø, Lofoten, Bergen, Ålesund, Trondheim, Kristiansand, Stavanger and more.
Our goal is for you to be able to speak and understand Norwegian according to your own standards through suggestopedi, a quick learning method. You will learn about Norwegian culture, history, geography and society through exhibitions and by travelling and experiencing Norway first hand. This year will be a ten months long adventure.
- Lofotfiske (deep water fishing in Northern Norway)
- The Northern lights
- Trips along the coastline, the fjords and in the mountains
- Snowboarding/Twin tip
- White-water rafting
- Cross contry skiing and sleeping in lavvo
- Famous Norwegian composers, writers and painters like Edvard Grieg, Henrik Ibsen and Edvard Munch
- Exhibits at The National Gallery, The Munch museum and more
- Sami people and Sami Parliament in Karasjok, Finnmark
Norwegian history and society
- Maihaugen, Lillehammer
- Norwegian history and Norwegian heroes like Fritjof Nansen, Roald Amundsen, Thor Heyerdal, Helge Ingstad and more
- Norwegian government today
- Norwegian industry
- Suggestopedic learning
- Consert reading
- Choir reading
- Practical tasks
Students in the Norwegian course will have plenty of practice when learning the language, being submerged in a «mini» Norwegian society. They will interact around the clock with other Norwegian students, during breakfast until supper. There are also many activities within the school year planned and held by the students.