- Rønningen folkehøgskole
- Telephone: 21 02 36 00
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course length: All year
- Study tour for the course: Palestina og Israel, Sør-Afrika, OSLOVE
- Study tour for the school: Fellestur i Nordmarka, Fellestur til Skarslia og Rødungstøl, Avslutningstur til Strandheim - Oslofjorden
- Foundation: ChristianThe Christian folk high schools are built on Christian values. They are owned by, or associated with, Christian organizations or denominations. They encourage students with different interests and beliefs to apply.
Food: Vegetarian, veganMost schools will accommodate food allergies and other dietary needs. If you have questions, please contact the school directly.
- Environmental certification: FairtradeGrønt flagg
- Location: Oslo
- Price: from 165 500,-
- Følg linja på Instagram
Do you want to do something with the injustice in the world? Do you want to find out more about racism and the causes of poverty and conflict? This is your class you`ll be doing this firsthand!
We travel to South Africa and Israel/Palestine to work with mediation, activism, and trying to influence political decision-making. The learning process includes exercises and role games, the making of life-changing acquaintances and going to inspiring lectures, participating in discussions and the entailing reflections. Group projects and excursions are salient aspects of the learning process. We attend debates and take part in demonstrations, go to theaters and try to benefit as much as we can of the rich cultural and social life of the city.
Who is this class suitable for?
Global Understanding is for anyone who already plays an active role in trying to improve society. But also for anyone who wishes to take their first steps in such process, and do so with the right insight. You must be able to communicate in Norwegian (Lessons are mainly given in Norwegian)
You will learn about:
- Human rights and democracy
- Globalization and unjust repartition of resources
- Climate and sustainable development
- Racism and exclusion
- War and the resolution of conflicts
- Solidarity in action
What is expected from you:
- That you have an inquiring attitude and are curious and interested in learning more about the world, others, and yourself
- That you come along in both the study trips
- That you are willing to take an active role in the work towards a better world, and wish to include more people in the process
- That you want to challenge yourself
- That you genuinely participate to making this into a special year