- Alta folkehøgskole
- Telephone: 78449140
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course length: All year
- Study tour for the course: Basecamp Lyngsalpene, Nordnorsk øyhopping, Skitur på Finnmarksvidda, Surf Lofoten
- Study tour for the school: Opplev Øst-Finnmark, Finnmarksløpet, Ditt eget eventyr
- Foundation: ChristianThe Christian folk high schools are built on Christian values. They are owned by, or associated with, Christian organizations or denominations. They encourage students with different interests and beliefs to apply.
Food: VegetarianMost schools will accommodate food allergies and other dietary needs. If you have questions, please contact the school directly.
- Environmental certification: Fairtrade
For a whole year we visit some of the most exotic places in the north, from Lofoten to the North Cape. We live a versatile outdoor life both on foot and on skis, on the surfboard and in a canoe.
Do you want to explore some of the most spectacular places in northern Norway? Maybe you have dreamed of surfing in Lofoten, watching the northern lights dance over the mountain tops on Senja, or feeling the flow as you go skiing on the great Finnmarksvidda?
Autumn trips and activities:
- Top hike on foot in the Lyngen Alps
- Glacier hike on the Steindalsbreen
- Cloudberry trip on Finnmarksvidda
- Canoe trip down the Alta River from Sautso, Northern Europe's largest canyon
- Climbing in Himmeldalen, Finnmark's largest climbing field
- Bouldering on rocks
- Deep sea fishing from a shark on the historic island of Spildra
- Contribute to the environment - beach cleaning
- Northern Lights hunt on Senja
- Outdoor skills - Training
- Photography course
Winter trips and activities:
- Skiing with pulk
- Cabin trip on the Finnmarksvidda
- Ski touring in Finnmark mountains
- Ice fishing for big char
- Outdoor skills - winter
- Building and sleeping in a snow cave
- Winter tenting 101
- Wilderness food - The taste of Finnmark
- King crab fishing
Spring trips and acitvities
- Surfing, beach life and summit hikes in Lofoten
- Exploring the North Cape
- Experience the spring skiing in Finnmark
- Sami culture - Reindeer husbandry
- Whale watching
The school is located in the outdoor paradise Alta. At school, and in class, you become part of a community, where we all contribute to make the school year a magical year. We focus on a sustainable outdoor life. You gain expertise in choosing the right outdoor gear, how to preserve and repair it.