- Alta folkehøgskole
- Telephone: 78449140
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course length: All year
- Study tour for the course: Pasvik, Storrøye Finnmarksvidda, Jaktstart småvilt - Sørøya, Seljakt, kongekrabbe og kystkultur i Kongsfjord
- Study tour for the school: Opplev Øst-Finnmark, Finnmarksløpet, Ditt eget eventyr
- Foundation: ChristianThe Christian folk high schools are built on Christian values. They are owned by, or associated with, Christian organizations or denominations. They encourage students with different interests and beliefs to apply.
Food: VegetarianMost schools will accommodate food allergies and other dietary needs. If you have questions, please contact the school directly.
- Environmental certification: Fairtrade
- Location: Alta
- Price: from 134 400,-
Traditional fish and grouse snaring! The country's best grouse terrain and fishing are in Finnmark. Moose and bird hunting in Pasvik, giant salmon in the Alta river, and Arctic Char under the ice.
There are thousands of lakes in the mountains and tundra. Moose and other big game inhabit the region, rabbits scramble around the coastal islands, and cod and halibut swim in the deep Alta fjord. It's all about living the dream!
Game bird hunting in Pasvik
Hare hunt on Sørøya
River, sea, and lake Fly fishing
Deep sea fishing
Jigging for Halibut
10 day excursion on the Finnmark tundra
Icefishing for Arctic Char
Solo tours and project weeks
Wilderness and nature experiences
Snow hole and Teepee time
Prep and cook wild game
Hot coffee and stories around the fire
Friends for life
Course and electorial excursions amount to about 50 nights out and 150 daytrips.
Is this course for you?
This course is for those interested in hunting and fishing with or without prior experience. You seek the hands on training and guidance we can give you.
What you'll learn:
Various hunting/trapping tecniques
Different fishing tecniques and environments
Seasonal net fishing
Processing game and fish meal ready
Be a good Hunting/adventure guide
Map, compass, and GPS