- Alta folkehøgskole
- Telephone: 78449140
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Course length: All year
- Study tour for the course: Ekspedisjon Svalbard, Pasvik
- Study tour for the school: Opplev Øst-Finnmark, Elgjakt, Ditt eget eventyr eller Finnmarksløpet
- Foundation: ChristianThe Christian folk high schools are built on Christian values. They are owned by, or associated with, Christian organizations or denominations. They encourage students with different interests and beliefs to apply.
Food: VegetarianMost schools will accommodate food allergies and other dietary needs. If you have questions, please contact the school directly.
- Environmental certification: Fairtrade
- Location: Alta
- Start-up date: 19.08.2023
- Price: from 135 000,-
Do you dream of putting the "WILD" in wilderness? Ice cold nights out on the tundra under the northern lights. Venture through wild and untamed nature. Follow your heart and experience the wild arctic
Long trip on Svalbard
Steep coastal mountains and vast northern tundra
Pasvik National Park
Reindeer herding with the Sami
Lassoing and butchering reindeer
Small game hunting
Great natural experiences
Ice and net fishing
Relaxing tours and hiking
Love of skiing
Skis and sleds
Lake and river paddling
Your own dream week
Ever lasting friendship
The Arctic course excursions/taining lay groundwork for the big winter adventure on Svalbard. We og on a magical 2 week expedition through polar bear habitat!
Pasvik National Park
Pasvik NP has got to be experienced! Staying warm around the fire under the vast northern sky in the old virgin pine forests. We might get lucky and have huge game birds in our sights! Live the good life in tents, huts, and under the open sky. Theres always a chance we'll see fresh bear tracks.
School and group excursions combined will be about 50 nights out and 150 daytrips.
Is this course for you?
Arctic-Svalbard is for those with a true love for the traditional wilderness experience. No prior experience neccessary, just that you like the outdoors.