- Stord Folkehøgskule
- Telephone: 53414444
- E-mail: Post@StordFHS.no
- Course length: All year
- Study tour for the course: Golden Circle Norwegian exploration tour, Fjell over fjord, Åkrafjorden
- Study tour for the school: Vintereventyr til Hovden, Veteranbåten MS Sunnhordland på Vestlandet
- Foundation: LiberalThe liberal folk high schools are built on values that are not based on one particular belief. They encourage students with different interests and beliefs to apply.
Food: Vegetarian, veganMost schools will accommodate food allergies and other dietary needs. If you have questions, please contact the school directly.
Learn Norwegian and make lifelong friendships in the unique fjord landscape of western Norway. Experience the fascinating Norwegian culture, food and nature with travels and experiences all year round
- Enrollment have now started, apply and get a quick answer.
At Stord folkehøgskole you have the opportunity to gain fluency in the Norwegian language, make lifelong friendships and explore the Norwegian culture.
- Our course is a 200 hour norwegian language course
- All day norwegian environment
This Norwegian course is suitable for beginners and for students with some previous knowledge of the language. The first semester we focus on basic grammar and use of everyday language in both oral and written production. In the second semester the students build upon their vocabulary and grammatical skills to further expand their knowledge of the language. Immersion into the Norwegian lifestyle greatly excellerates the learning.
This is a boarding school where the majority of the students are Norwegian - You have an unique opportunity to practice norwegian.
The pictoresque west coast brings us close to the majestic fjords, scenic mountains and historical towns. Throughout the year you will travel and experience the breathtaking Norwegian nature in all its glory. The Hardangerfjord in our veteran cruise ship, Preikestolen, Gaustatoppen and Rjukan, the North Sea, and so much more lying right at our door step.
Experience the food and culture, as you'll taste and learn how traditional Norwegian cuisine is made, and visit historic sites.
At the school you are integrated with the Norwegian students and spend time together in the other courses, living arrangements and all daily activities.