- Stord Folkehøgskule
- Telephone: 53414444
- E-mail: Post@StordFHS.no
- Course length: All year
- Study tour for the course: Hardangerfjorden rundt!, Island - Eventyrreisa til Sagaøya, Surfing, Fjell over fjord
- Study tour for the school: Veteranbåten MS Sunnhordland på Vestlandet, Vintereventyr til Hovden
- Foundation: LiberalThe liberal folk high schools are built on values that are not based on one particular belief. They encourage students with different interests and beliefs to apply.
Food: Vegetarian, veganMost schools will accommodate food allergies and other dietary needs. If you have questions, please contact the school directly.
Experience, explore and learn about outdoor life! Cozy campfires, sunrise over the mountains, sunsets in the sea, boattrips, hikes and skiing in our beautiful nature are experiences in this course.
We focus on the introduction to and learning about autdoor activities and spice this up with more spectacular experiences.
During the year you will get skills in the basic outdoor activities such as; campfires, campsite, map and compass and hikes in different kinds of scenery and seasons. Around the school we have lakes, forests, mountains and coast which provides lots of places to explore close by. In addition you have the chance of taking part in more challenging and spectacular activities once in a while.
We will set up the activities for what you and the class want. Some examples:
- Overnight trips by the sea, in the woods and mountains
- Hiking from cabin to cabin
- Boattrips and canoeing to small islands
- Try out rafting, climbing, Via Ferrata.
You will get a chanse to influence what activities plan, and the possibilities are numerous. We will balanse the combination of adrenalin and exciting experiences with finding peace in nature, feeling calm and being present.
Experiences of the great outdoors, cooperation and mastery are important to us in this course.
We have a number of shorter trips in the region, but we will also travel on two longer course trips in southern Norway. One in September, the other in February-April depending on the content, which we plan together with you and the class.