- Fana folkehøgskule - Bergen
- Telephone: 55 52 63 60
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course length: All year
- Study tour for the course: Discover the Norwegian fjords and mountains, Field trips in and around Bergen, Norwegian winter adventure
- Study tour for the school: Bli-kjent-tur til Voss, Blåtur på Vestlandet
- Foundation: LiberalThe liberal folk high schools are built on values that are not based on one particular belief. They encourage students with different interests and beliefs to apply.
Food: Vegetarian, veganMost schools will accommodate food allergies and other dietary needs. If you have questions, please contact the school directly.
- Environmental certification: DebioFairtrade
- Location: Bergen
- Start-up date: 20.08.2024
- Linjefag: 13 hours/week
- Price: from 129 900,-
Bergen is located on the west coast of Norway in the heart of the fjords. Bergen has the ideal combination of nature, culture, and exciting urban life all year around.
At Fana folkehøgskule you can gain fluency in the Norwegian language, make lifelong friends, and explore the Norwegian culture.
You will learn about Norwegian culture, history, geography, and society by travelling and experiencing Norway firsthand.
Most classes are taught in Norwegian. However, all staff members and students speak English. After a year at Fana folkehøgskule, you can expect to speak and understand Norwegian reasonably well. Your level of proficiency will depend on your own efforts, but living in a Norwegian-speaking environment gives you a great advantage when learning the language.
Norwegian language as a major subject or as an elective
You can select Norwegian language as a major subject or as an elective. Students who select Norwegian language as a major subject follow the course Norwegian Language and Culture. Students who select Norwegian language as an elective, can follow any of the other courses at the school as their major subject.
- The Northern lights
- Trips along the coastline, the fjords and in the mountains
- Canoeing, mountain hiking and cross-country skiing
- Visit the home of Edvard Grieg
- Exhibitions, concerts and theatre performances
- Experience the music scene in the hometown of Alan Walker and Kygo
- Street Art in Bergen
Norwegian history and society
- Introduction to Norwegian history and historical places
- Sustainability and environmental protection
- Norwegian society and politics