- Nordvestlandet folkehøgskole
- Telephone: 71293850
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course length: All year
- Study tour: Skiuke på Oppdal
- Foundation: ChristianThe Christian folk high schools are built on Christian values. They are owned by, or associated with, Christian organizations or denominations. They encourage students with different interests and beliefs to apply.
Food: Vegetarian, veganMost schools will accommodate food allergies and other dietary needs. If you have questions, please contact the school directly.
- Environmental certification: Fairtrade
- Location: Torvikbukt
- Start-up date: 21.08.2021
- Linjefag: 9 hours/week
- Price: from 97 500,-
Meet and become friends with people from all over the world! Explore Norwegian culture and learn how to understand and speak Norwegian. Choose between 9 main courses!
The ‘Learning Norwegian’ class takes place two to four times a week, during the the time the other Norwegian students have elective subjects and seminars. International students are required to take the Learning Norwegian course unless they are already fluent in Norwegian. Usually about 10 % of the students are international students.
Beside Learning Norwegian, you get to choose a main course, a plus course in both the fall and winter and a school trip. This diverse subject range creates a new and exciting experience daily with all the different activities and opportunities at Høgtun!
During the course of the year you learn to speak Norwegian and get an incredible introduction to Norwegian culture and history. International students are also exposed to a lot of culture by living with other Norwegian students in a dorm.