The school is a so-called liberal folk high school, which means we do not base our values on a particular faith or belief, but on equality and respect for the individual’s integrity. Until our brand new campus is built, we hire a huge houseboat / floating hotel as our base. The floating hotel will contain everything you need; classroom, cafeteria, kitchen, doubleroom (you share room with a roommate), office for the employees and living rooms.
Our courses from August 2023 are listet below:
- Coastal outdoorlife (FriHAVsliv): Do you want to spend a major part of the year in a kayak? Are you dreaming of freediving for scallops? Or maybe catch the biggest fish in the Norwegian sea? Then you have come to the right place!
- H2Ø - seascapes, crafting, island life (H2Ø - hav, håndverk og øyliv): Join in on a magical journey through the natural and cultural world of islands. With H2Ø you experience fantastic sea landscapes on foot or by sea kayak.
- Fisheries and Aquaculture (fiske og havbruk): Are you interested in boating, fishing and modern aquaculture? At Fiske & Havbruk you gain practical insights and experience today's coastal life in the middle of the Norwegian ocean!
- The Event Course (eventlinja): The crowd comes alive in front of the stage. The atmosphere is sky-high! But what is going on back-stage? What does it take arrange and plan all the concerts, festivals, and events we know and love?
- Leadership development - for those of you who already took a year in a folk high school.
All teaching is in Norwegian. For those of you who do not speak english, we give you the opportunity to learn Norwegian throughout the year.