- Stord Folkehøgskule
- Telephone: 53414444
- E-mail: Post@StordFHS.no
- Course length: All year
- Study tour for the course: Marokko - Tanghazout, Voss ekstremsport, Fjell over fjord, Åkrafjorden
- Study tour for the school: Vintereventyr til Hovden, Veteranbåten MS Sunnhordland på Vestlandet
- Foundation: LiberalThe liberal folk high schools are built on values that are not based on one particular belief. They encourage students with different interests and beliefs to apply.
Food: Vegetarian, veganMost schools will accommodate food allergies and other dietary needs. If you have questions, please contact the school directly.
Fancy a year filled with good experiences? Combine outdoor life with sports and excitement! The best combination for an active day, with new veins and experiences for life!
You will experience:
- Ball games; Football, handball, volleyball, basketball, floorball, ice hockey / bandy, table tennis, baseball, golf
- Alternative ball games; Flagfootball, tchoukball, bumball, spikeball, kinball, rumpeldunk
- Rackert and disk; tennis, table tennis, paddle, ultimate, frisbee golf, squash, badminton
- Fitness center
- Cross-country skiing
- Alpine skiing (Ski / snowboard / telemark)
- Ice skates
Test your own limits and experience excitement:
- Water skiing / wakeboard / tube
- Trampoline park
- Bubble football
- Killing / diving
- Year-round bathing
- Possibility to take the boat driver test, wet card, steep card climbing, diving lap, parachute / bungee jump, and participate in marathons etc.
- Unique experiences in the open air
Local tours in Stord and summit tours in Western Norway
- Sea kayaking
- Overnight trips in tents, hammocks, lavvo, cabin or in the open air.
- Via Ferrata / Juving
- Røldal / Myrkdalen
- Ulvanosa / Melderskin mm ..
- Experience the social community and have time for your interests!
- A year in a boarding school with others with common interests means new experiences and friendship for life. You get time to orientate yourself in life, and
- maybe do something else before you go into higher education or working life. You shape the year with line and electives that you like.