- Stord Folkehøgskule
- Telephone: 53414444
- E-mail: Post@StordFHS.no
- Course length: All year
- Study tour for the course: Golden Circle Norwegian exploration tour, Island - Eventyrreisa til Sagaøya, Fjell over fjord, Åkrafjorden
- Study tour for the school: Vintereventyr til Hovden, Veteranbåten MS Sunnhordland på Vestlandet
- Foundation: LiberalThe liberal folk high schools are built on values that are not based on one particular belief. They encourage students with different interests and beliefs to apply.
Food: Vegetarian, veganMost schools will accommodate food allergies and other dietary needs. If you have questions, please contact the school directly.
We focus on the introduction and learning about the great outdoor life, and spice this up with spectacular experiences. Late evenings by the fire, sunrise over the mountains, sunset in the sea...
Join us on a magical journey through the island kingdom's nature and culture.
Nature experiences, cooperation and meistring are important to us. There is great variation in the activities, and final programs are planned in collaboration between teachers and students. Here are some of what you can experience:
- Boat trips, fishing and setting of pots.
- Spend the night in eigenlaga shelter.
Discover hidden beaches in sea kayaking
Rafting, canyoning and water skiing
Make bonfires and prepare various typar food outside.
Sleep under the stars
Climbing training inside and outside
Day trips and overnight tours
We focus on basic outdoor life skills regardless of what activities we do. Experience the combination of adrenaline and intense experiences with finding peace in nature and feeling the silence and being in the moment.
Study trip to Iceland - where you explore the local culture, travel around Saga Island and experience our northernmost neighbor at its best.