- Rønningen folkehøgskole
- Telephone: 21 02 36 00
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Course length: All year
- Study tour: Svalbard
- Foundation: ChristianThe Christian folk high schools are built on Christian values. They are owned by, or associated with, Christian organizations or denominations. They encourage students with different interests and beliefs to apply.
Food: Vegetarian, veganMost schools will accommodate food allergies and other dietary needs. If you have questions, please contact the school directly.
- Environmental certification: FairtradeGrønt flagg
- Location: Oslo
- Start-up date: 26.08.2023
- Price: from 123 000,-
Our planet is incredible. And we only have one. In this class you will have the chance to do your part in developing fun projects that aim taking care of it!
Come along to explore Green Living in Oslo, Norway’s greenest city! We find creative solutions in redesign, textile production, food, energy, ocean plastic and politics. Our planet is incredible.
Who is this class suitable for?
Sustainable and Creative is for those who are already knee-deep in the fight for climate, but also for those who aren’t and want to make a change, and finally for those who want to develop themselves as responsible cosmopolitan citizens.
We carry out various fun activities:
- We collaborate with other classes and shoot commercial films for our own TISE user (a mobile marketplace for second-hand fashion and interiors).
- DIY: we repair our favorite pants and shirts instead of buying new ones. We go on second-hand shop safaris to Fretex and other retro shops.
- We use the school’s kitchen and cook menus that are both tasty, sustainable, and healthy – we also test them out by collaborating with the school’s cooks.
- We fight against plastic pollution and test out a zero-waste lifestyle in one week – or more.
- We use public transport when we go to the city – that is if we don’t use the bike. We plan tours to destinations that can be reached by train and promote it.
- We check and analyze the school’s photovoltaic panels and its system for energy saving. Moreover, we participate in the development of the Sustainable Island project in the Oslo Fjord.
- We try to understand how Oslo has managed to transform itself into a green city in such a short time.