- Alta folkehøgskole
- Telephone: 78449140
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course length: All year
- Study tour for the course: Island, Ulv og bjørn - Finland, FotoWorkshop Varanger
- Study tour for the school: Opplev Øst-Finnmark, Elgjakt, Ditt eget eventyr eller Finnmarksløpet
- Foundation: ChristianThe Christian folk high schools are built on Christian values. They are owned by, or associated with, Christian organizations or denominations. They encourage students with different interests and beliefs to apply.
Food: VegetarianMost schools will accommodate food allergies and other dietary needs. If you have questions, please contact the school directly.
- Environmental certification: Fairtrade
- Location: Alta
- Start-up date: 19.08.2023
- Price: from 139 000,-
Dream of wild nature and northern lights? Photograph the cream of northern nature, Iceland's vulcanic landscape, Varanger, Coastal bird colonies, puffins, eagles, wolves, and bears.
Finnmark is full of dramatic nature and landscapes just waiting for you! Magical Seiland NP with high peaks and glaciers. Bird mountains with a large collection of puffins and migratory birds of all shapes and sizes. Coastal excursions and gourmet sea food. Intense autumn foliage on the tundra and as many northern lights tours as possible. Bears, and wolves in the Finnish forests. Add to that companionship. Group inspirations, and lots of info/training in outdoor photography. All this included in the Alta Folkehøgskole Photo course.
Wolves and bears
Grouse photo hunt
Sea and fresh water GoPro fishing
Tundra excursions and fall foliage
Paddling Alta river
Sled dog trips
Quality time around the fire
Map, compass, and GPS
Coastal culture/fishing villages
The major trip for the photo course goes to an eldorado of contrast, Iceland. April, and springtime on Iceland is prime time for bird life as the seasons change and the weather warms.
Wolves and Bears-Finland.
Bears, wolves, eagles, and other arctic wildlife along the russian border in Finland.
Photographing the most exotic polar birds from floating hides in Norways most tuff and rugged landscape.